Saturday, October 25, 2008

Audiologist

Well, we met with the audiologist yesterday. She diagnosed Lyndon with moderate hearing loss in both ears. We have been referred to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor and another audiologist for a second screening. If the second audiologist gets the same results on the hearing tests they are recommending hearing aids. I am quite upset about this. I know it is the best thing for him and I am very glad that we are catching it early so as to not effect his learning at school, but as a mother, I am very emotional about it right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina,
This would have hit me like a ton of bricks as a mom. It is okay to be upset about it!

Hopefully the second test will go better and it was just a "fluke". Whatever happens, you will know what to do, you are an awesome mom!

Take care,
Kara

Jamie said...

I'm sure it bothers you, but the bottom line is even if he does have to have hearing aids, it won't change Lyndon's spunk or personality...he'll still be the same old Lyndon!

heatherhusker18 said...

It's very understandable that you'd be upset, but you've got to be so glad that they caugh this early. Like Jamie said, it doesn't change Lydon, it just allows him to hear better.