Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sounds in the Night

My house is a very noisy place.  From sun up to sun down there is seemingly always something going on - Lyndon yelling at his sister for touching him, Amelia crying out in faux pain in an attempt to get her brother in trouble (she has learned early!), a blaring television, etc.  Some of these noises make me laugh and others make me cringe.  Tonight, as I sit here I hear at 10:45, trying to tell myself to go to bed, my house is STILL noisy.  One sound does make me laugh, and the other cringe.  

First, Lyndon (yes, Lyndon is STILL awake, that is what I get for allowing a nap today!) is laying on the floor with his pillow right outside his room (typical.  he feels safer if he can see down the hall, I guess.) and sees Lita, the kitty.  Here is what I hear in a loud whisper - "KITTY!  Come here!  LITA!  KITTY!"  repeat.  I laugh.  And then loud whisper back, "Lyndon.  Bed."  

Then there is Amelia.  I may move to a warmer climate one day just for her (and selfishly for my own nighttime sanity).  The way she endures winter is really amazing because it doesn't mess too much with her sweet nature, but she must be miserable.  Just after getting over her intestinal issues, she has now come down with a cold of some sort.  Runny nose, therefore a cough, low grade fever (LOW GRADE, only 99.5, she can still go to daycare, right?) So I hear Amelia coughing, then moaning, then coughing again.  I feel so bad for her.  I cringe.  Must be teething.  (smile) 

No comments: