Caution - almost entire post about bodily excretions. Do not read if you think that is excessively disgusting. If you plan on having kids than you better suck it up and read on, because this is what happens. :)
Ok, so Amelia has had diarrhea and been throwing up periodically for 3+ weeks now. As a result of this, she has terrifyingly painful diaper rash, which therefore makes her wake up EVERY night - at least once, thereby making her a grouch and thereby making me a grouch. I'm sorry, it's just hard to be chipper when you never get a full night sleep. (I realize I've been through this twice with my newborns, but still....you adapt to that.) Anyway, so today she went to the doctor for her well baby check-up and we tossed in a little discussion on Amelia and her issues. I'm thinking gastroenteritis, coeliac disease (god forbid), at LEAST a little lactose intolerance or milk allergy! So, the doctor says, "well, sounds like she's teething to me." WHAT?!!! ummm....did I mention DIARRHEA AND VOMIT FOR 3 WEEKS?! Her skin is bright red the instant the poo touches it. I'm telling you - the INSTANT. She said that sometimes teething causes "fiery" diarrhea. Am I in an alternate universe? Anyway - If you refer back to my Amelia You're Breaking My Heart post from earlier in December you'll see my list of symptoms that I passed off as "just teething" - runny nose, diarrhea, a little vomit from "crying too hard." OK, so at the time it was reasonable.....now....after having been vomitted on on Xmas Eve (4 times) and washing my daughter's hair in the middle of the night (vomit, again) and changing the sheets and doing the laundrey 3 million times since that post in early December there is NO WAY this is teething. The child better have 8 new teeth in the next week.
On the positive side, she is growing! She's 50% in height and weight and her head is 98th percentile (no shocker there - we are a big-headed family).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Two words: Second Opinion
I can hardly comment, I'm laughing so hard. Not at the situation, but at how you describe it. I agree. This being related to teething seems a little extreme.
I have to agree...second opinion. I got brushed off by Graeson's ENT on Monday, so the same feeling is quite fresh in my mind. I don't think that these symtoms are any indication of teeting, maybe some swollen gums and a little crankiness, but not puke and poop. But, hey, who am I to diagnose??? I sure hope she feels better and you too! Graeson isn't sleeping again, so I am feeling your pain.
That's crazy. I've never heard of such a thing. I agree with Jamie. You need a second opinion.
Post a Comment