Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Where oh Where Did my Pictures All Go......

Oh where oh where can they be? Sadly, I lost the majority of my 2008 pictures over the weekend when the hard drive was wiped clean (by my husband). No, I didn't have them backed up (well, actually lucky for me I had 2007 and before backed up). I DID have lots of pictures of Amelia from 2008 loaded into snapfish to create a baby book for her, so all is not lost....and of course there are the pics on the blog starting in October....

PLEASE - anyone who has pictures from Lyndon's 2nd and 3rd birthdays (for some reason I had not backed up his 2nd birthday pics) or any pictures of our family (particularly Lyndon) in 2008 will you either 1. email them to me 2. Let me know if there are a lot and the lovely husband will happily come by your house and copy them to a jump drive for me.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh no! That's awful!

There is a website (well, several I'm sure) you should consider using Carbonite, a web-based server that automatically saves everything on your hard drive in a remote location.

Yep, one more piece of technology information I have stored up in my brain.

Anonymous said...

Gina,
I thought I deleted ALL of our photos when the boys were about eight months old... after hours and hours, my technie husband "found" them and restored them. Is there a chance they're still lurking somewhere?

Yikes... I'll be praying for your husband's safety! LOL

Gina said...

I am urgently taking the hard drive to a programmer here at work that I have befriended. He is going to try to recover them. Keep your fingers crossed!