Monday, February 16, 2009

Charms, shoes, phones and lipstick.



Wow, I have become a bad blogger.  We've been very busy since our last visit.  Birthdays, vacation, Easter....bad bad excuses.  Excuses aside, does ANYONE remember charm necklaces from elementary school?  Well, my mom saved mine (a.w.e.s.o.m.e.) and I believe Amelia loves it almost as much as I did.   Amelia is such a girl I cannot believe it.  Beyond her mommy-made love for said charm necklace, she loves to put on makeup (yikes, what a mess.  keep that stuff hidden in a high place!), talk on the phone, and try on shoes.  

Now, the shoe thing was definitely super cute the first few times she would put on various shoes (hand me downs, thank you Reilly!) and march around the house showing them off, we all got a kick out of it and thought it was SO cute.  The quite un-cute side of it happened when I decided I needed to go shoe shopping for her.  With her there.  And Lyndon.  For anyone who knows Amelia, you know that she generally is pretty docile and agreeable.  Not in the shoe section of Target.  She insisted on getting out of the cart, proceeded to try on like every shoe she could get her hands on.  Meanwhile I am attempting to get her and Lyndon to try on the shoes that I will actually buy...argh.  Shoes!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. My. Goodness. LOVE the charm necklace!! :)

What a cutie-pie! :)

Miss you!

Kara

Jamie said...

Glad to have you back in the blog-world! I can't believe how fast little Miss A is growing up!

Grandma Shirley said...

Shoooooooooooooes!!

johannapule said...

Charm necklaces!!! I totally forgot about those, but I had one and it would have been totally awesome if my mom would have saved it. That is amazing.